FREE 30-minute Q&A session!
If your classroom or library or book club…
like Mr. Nunn’s 5th grade class in Illinois above
or the fun Florida book club below
…is interested in a virtual author visit,
please CONTACT ME so we can set up a time to Skype!
A Typical Q&A Skype/Virtual Visit:
1) 15 – 30 minutes before we go live, we might test the connection.
2) At appointed time, I appear on a large screen (or small laptop) and the classroom falls silent as I ask obvious questions like, “Can you see me?” or “Can you hear me?” to which everyone hopefully yells “YES!” followed by my dog, Obadiah, barking wildly as he’s convinced a pack of strangers has suddenly invaded the house.
3) After I send Obi outside to chase chipmunks, the teacher/organizer says Hello, etc. and makes a few opening remarks before the questions begin.
4) Before the virtual visit, I’ve already asked the teacher/organizer to have students/participants prepare questions ahead of time so we aren’t staring at each other, giggling awkwardly, and making comments about the weather. At this time, students/participants take turns asking their questions.
5) The questions last about 15 minutes, followed by a mini book reading from one of my novels, ending with questions from me! (I’m very nosy.)
6) Sometimes, if requested, Obi is lured in front of my laptop with a dog biscuit, at which point a collective “Awww” sends him into another barking frenzy as he frantically leaps at the closest window.
7) I sign off asking readers to please feel free to contact me, promising that I shall try to answer every email, adding that I’m available for book report interviews as well as television appearances if they have Hollywood connections.
Book Your VIRTUAL Author Visit HERE